Learn how to develop powerful data analytics applications quickly for SQL Server database administrators and developers. Organizations will be able to sift data and derive the business intelligence needed to drive business decisions and profit. The addition of R to SQL Server 2016 places a powerful analytical processor into an environment most developers are already comfortable with – Visual Studio. This book walks even the newest of users through the creation process of a powerful R-language tool set for use in analyzing and reporting on your data.
As a SQL Server database administrator or developer, it is sometimes difficult to stay on the bleeding edge of technology. Microsoft’s addition of R to SQL Server 2016 is sure to be a game-changer, and the language will certainly become an integral part of future releases. R is in fact widely used today in statistical and related applications, and its use is only growing. Beginning SQL Server R Serviceshelps you jump on board this important trend by providing good examples with detailed explanations of the WHY and not just the HOW.
- Walks you through setup and installation of SQL Server R Services.
- Explains the basics of working with R Tools for Visual Studio.
- Provides a road map to successfully creating custom R code.
What You Will Learn
- Discover R’s role in the SQL Server 2016 hierarchy.
- Manage the components needed to run SQL Server R Services code.
- Run R-language analytics and queries inside the database.
- Create analytic solutions that run across multiple datasets.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of the R language itself.
- Implement custom SQL Server R Services solutions.
Who This Book Is For
Beginning SQL Server R Services is for any level of database administrator or developer, but specifically it's for those developers with the need to develop powerful data analytics applications quickly. Seasoned R developers will appreciate the book for its robust learning pattern, using visual aids in combination with properties explanations and scenarios. Beginning SQL Server R Services is the perfect “new hire” gift for new database developers in any organization.