There are many books and courses that teach you ASP.NET Core. Most of these show you how to build some sort of CRUD application which display items in a grid on the screen and allow you to add, edit or delete items.
But I wanted to do something a little different. And more fun!
And I also wanted to teach developers how to do something other than insert data in a database. Yes, that is an important skill, but it is only part of the picture.
So I set out to write a simple app which which will teach you some other skills, such as talking to external APIs, working with CSV files, displaying data on a map and much more!
This book will take you through the process of building a simple application which allow users to explore all the airports of the world on a map.
What you'll learn
Here's what you will learn in this book:
- Building a very simple, one page ASP.NET Razor Pages application.
- Using AJAX requests in an ASP.NET Razor Pages application.
- Using Mapbox to display a map and add markers to the map
- Handling a large amount of markers on a map using clusters.
- Reading data from a CSV file.
- Using GeoJSON to represent geographical information.
- Using 3rd party APIs such as Google Places to augment airport information.
- Using Algolia Places to add a location search autocomplete
- Determining the current location of a user from their IP address.
- Using the Tailwind CSS framework to style HTML.