With DOM Enlightenment, you’ll learn how to manipulate HTML more efficiently by scripting the Document Object Model (DOM) without a DOM library. Using code examples in cookbook style, author Cody Lindley (jQuery Cookbook) walks you through modern DOM concepts to demonstrate how various node objects work.
- Learn the properties and methods of document, element, text, and DocumentFragment objects
- Delve into element node selecting, geometry, and inline styles
- Add CSS style sheets to an HTML document and use CSSStyleRule objects
- Set up DOM events by using different code patterns
- Learn the author’s vision for dom.js, a jQuery-inspired DOM Library for modern browsers