Do you feel tired just thinking or even hearing about backend technologies, authentication or the tedious task of deployment? Firebase is here to change the way you develop and make your app a first-class citizen of the cloud.
This books takes a solution based approach by providing you recipes that would help you understand the features of Firebase and implement them in your existing web or mobile applications.
We start-off by creating our first Firebase application and integrating its services into different platforms and environments for mobile as well as web applications. Then we deep dive into Real-time Database and Firebase Storage that allows your users to access data across various devices with realtive ease. With each chapter you will gradually create the building blocks of your application from securing your data with Firebase Rules to authenticating your users with O-Auth.
Moving along we would explore modern application development techniques such as creating serverless applications with Firebase Cloud Functions or turning your traditional applications into progressive apps with Service workers.
Finally you will learn how to create cross-platform mobile apps, integrate Firebase in native platforms, and learn how to monetize your mobile applications using Admob for Android and iOS.
What You Will Learn
- Use Firebase Diverse Authentication systems
- Integrate easy, secure File Hosting using Firebase Storage services
- Make your application serverless using Firebase Cloud Functions
- Use the powerful Firebase Admin SDK for privilege management
- Use Firebase within NativeScript apps for cross-platform applications
- Modify, structure, save and serve data in and from Realtime Database
- Get acquainted with the newly introduce Cloud Firestore, a scalable database for your web and mobile applications