In past few years, Agile software development has seen tremendous growth across the world. There is huge demand for software delivery solutions that are fast yet flexible to frequent amendments. As a result, CI and continuous delivery methodologies are gaining popularity. Jenkins’ core functionality and flexibility allows it to fit in a variety of environments and can help streamline the development process for all stakeholders.
This book starts off by explaining the concepts of CI and its significance in the Agile world with a whole chapter dedicated to it. Next, you’ll learn to configure and set up Jenkins. You’ll gain a foothold in implementing CI and continuous delivery methods. We dive into the various features offered by Jenkins one by one exploiting them for CI.
After that, you’ll find out how to use the built-in pipeline feature of Jenkins. You’ll see how to integrate Jenkins with code analysis tools and test automation tools in order to achieve continuous delivery. Next, you’ll be introduced to continuous deployment and learn to achieve it using Jenkins.
Through this book’s wealth of best practices and real-world tips, you'll discover how easy it is to implement a CI service with Jenkins.
What You Will Learn
- Take advantage of a continuous delivery solution to achieve faster software delivery
- Speed up productivity using a continuous Integration solution through Jenkins
- Understand the concepts of CI and continuous delivery
- Orchestrate many DevOps tools using Jenkins to automate builds, releases, deployment, and testing
- Explore the various features of Jenkins that make DevOps activities a piece of cake
- Configure multiple build machines in Jenkins to maintain load balancing
- Manage users, projects, and permissions in Jenkins to ensure better security
- Leverage the power of plugins in Jenkins