Gain expertise in tracking project issues and managing them efficiently using JIRA
About This Book
- Customize JIRA for a variety of applications such as software project management, Agile tracking, and test management with the help of sample data to get you started
- Deploy big JIRA instances by planning the installations for Enterprise
- A comprehensive guide on JIRA with an easy-to-learn structure to help you become the go-to person for JIRA in your organization
Who This Book Is For
If you are a JIRA administrator managing small-to-medium JIRA instances and want to learn how to manage enterprise-scale instances, then this book will help you expand your knowledge and equip you with advanced skills. Prior understanding of JIRA core concepts is required.
What You Will Learn
- Plan the installation and upgrade of your JIRA instance
- Configure issue type schemes, create customized workflows, modify permission schemes, and change notification schemes
- Customize JIRA for test management, helpdesk, and requirement management
- Deploy JIRA for Agile tracking using the Scrum and Kanban techniques
- Manage users and groups and integrate them with LDAP for single sign-on
- Develop JIRA add-ons to extend JIRA's functionality
- Migrate data from external systems using CSV import
JIRA is an issue-tracking tool from Atlassian and has gained immense popularity in recent years due to its ease of use and, at the same time, its customization abilities and finely grained control over various functions. JIRA offers functionalities for creating tasks and assigning them to users and many useful add-ons can be added such as JIRA Agile for Agile tracking and Groovy scripts, a powerful tool for administering customizations for customizations.
This book explains how to master the key functionalities of JIRA and its customizations and add-ons, and is packed with real-world examples and use cases. You will first learn how to plan JIRA installation. Next, you will be given a brief refresher of fundamental concepts and learn about customizations in detail. Next, this book will take you through add-on development to extend JIRA functionality. Finally, this book will explore best practices and troubleshooting, to help you find out what went wrong and how to fix it.