- Harness the latest and most advanced features of Swift 2 to develop quality iOS and OSX applications
- Comprehensive coverage of all the advanced features of Swift and guidance on advanced design techniques
- Dive deep into protocol extensions, learn new error handling model, and use featured Swift design patterns to write more efficient code
Who This Book Is For
This book is for developers that want to dive into the newest version of Swift. If you want in-depth knowledge of some of the most sophisticated elements of Swift development including protocol extensions, error-handling, design patterns, and concurrency, Mastering Swift 2 gives you guidance on how to use and apply them in your own projects.
What You Will Learn
- Dive into the core components of Swift 2 including operators, collections, control flow, and functions
- Create and use classes, structures, and enums including object-oriented topics such as inheritance, protocols, and extensions
- Develop a practical understanding of subscripts, optionals, and closures
- Learn how to use the new protocol extension and error handling features of Swift 2
- Add concurrency to your applications using Grand Central Dispatch
- Master Objective-C interoperability with Mix and Match
- Access network resources using Swift
- Implement various standard design patterns in the Swift language
At their Worldwide Developer's conference (WWDC) in 2015, Apple announced Swift 2, a major update to the innovative programming language they first unveiled to the world the year before. Swift 2 features exciting enhancements to the original iteration of Swift, acting, as Apple put it themselves as “a successor to the C and Objective-C languages.” – This book demonstrates how to get the most from these new features, and gives you the skills and knowledge you need to develop dynamic iOS and OS X applications.
Learn how to harness the newest features of Swift 2 todevelop advanced applications on a wide range of platforms with this cutting-edge development guide. Exploring and demonstrating how to tackle advanced topics such as Objective-C interoperability, ARC, closures, and concurrency, you'll develop your Swift expertise and become even more fluent in this vital and innovative language. With examples that demonstrate how to put the concepts into practice, and design patterns and best practices, you'll be writing better iOS and OSX applications in with a new level of sophistication and control.
Style and approach
This book takes an example-based approach where each concept covered is supported by example code to not only give you a good understanding of the concept, but also to demonstrate how to properly implement it.