Learn how to best apply the new features of Microsoft’s Model View Controller (MVC) framework, updated for ASP.NET Core MVC. You can now produce leaner, cloud-optimized, and mobile-ready applications for the .NET platform. This book provides you with detailed explanations to put the new functionality into context.
The ASP.NET Core MVC Framework is the latest evolution of Microsoft’s ASP.NET web platform, built on a completely new foundation. It represents a fundamental change to how Microsoft constructs and deploys web frameworks and is free of the legacy of earlier technologies such as Web Forms. ASP.NET Core MVC provides a "host-agnostic" framework and a high-productivity programming model that promotes cleaner code architecture, test-driven development, and powerful extensibility.
This new 6th edition of the market-leading book follows the same format and style as the popular previous editions but updates everything for the new ASP.NET Core MVC release. Best-selling author Adam Freeman has thoroughly revised this book to explain how to get the most from ASP.NET Core MVC. He presents a fully worked case study of a functioning ASP.NET MVC application that you can use as a template for your own projects. You start with the nuts and bolts and move through to advanced features to:
- Gain a solid architectural understanding of ASP.NET Core MVC
- Explore the entire ASP.NET MVC Framework as a cohesive whole
- See how MVC and test-driven development work in action
- Learn what's new in ASP.NET Core MVC and how best to apply these new features to your own work
- See how to create RESTful web services and Single Page Applications
- Build on your existing knowledge of previous MVC releases to get up and running with the new programming model quickly and effectively
Who this book is for
This book is for web developers with a basic knowledge of ASP.NET and C# who want to incorporate the latest improvements and functionality in the new ASP.NET Core MVC Framework.