Pro SQL Server 2012 Practices is an anthology of high-end wisdom from a group of accomplished database administrators who are quietly but relentlessly pushing the performance and feature envelope of Microsoft SQL Server 2012. With an emphasis upon performance—but also branching into release management, auditing, and other issues—the book helps you deliver the most value for your company’s investment in Microsoft’s flagship database system.
- Goes beyond the manual to cover good techniques and best practices
- Delivers knowledge usually gained only by hard experience
- Focuses upon performance, scalability, reliability
- Helps achieve the predictability needed to be in control at all times
What you’ll learn
- Migrate to the new Extended Events framework for troubleshooting performance problems
- Automate the tracking of key performance indicators such as available disk space, cpu utilization, index fragmentation, and more
- Design performance into your database and its applications from the very beginning
- Manage staged releases from development to test through to production
- Diagnose resource and performance problems via dynamic management views
- Analyze I/O patterns and plan reliably to obtain the performance you need
Who this book is for
Pro SQL Server 2012 Practices is aimed at SQL Server professionals who want to further their careers through expert-level practices in performance management, scalability, predictability, and security.