WordPress is the most popular self-hosted open source website software in use today, and the latest version makes it even simpler to operate. With this new edition, you'll find helpful examples, code downloads, and real-world tips from real-world developers, all of which reflect the current needs of developers. Each chapter has been reworked to provide the most up-to-date and correct methods for developing and designing in WordPress. This book covers WordPress development and design concepts above and beyond version features and provides a foundation for future development as WordPress is updated. This essential resource provides you with all you need to deploy successful WordPress sites.
Professional WordPress, Second Edition:
- Offers a code overview and provides the most up-to-date advice for working with WordPress locally
- Highlights custom post types, custom taxonomy, and meta data
- Features coverage of plugin and theme development
- Discusses WordPress as a content management system as well as its role in the enterprise and developer community
- Combines a developer view of user experience and optimization with the deployment requirements for performance, security, and measurement