I wrote this short book to help developers and people interested in web programming learn about ASP.NET Core 2.0, a new framework for building web applications and APIs.
This short (and free!) book is structured as a tutorial. You’ll build an app from start to finish and learn:
- How to build a web app with the ASP.NET Core framework
- The basics of the MVC (Model-View-Controller) pattern
- How to read and write data to a database
- How to add log-in, registration, and security
- How to deploy the app to the web
Don’t worry, you don’t need to know anything about ASP.NET Core (or any of the above) to get started.
Get the book
Read the book online on GitBook, or download it for offline reading as a PDF. It’s yours to share and copy as much as you’d like under the Creative Commons Attribution license.
The Little ASP.NET Core Book will be updated frequently and will always be completely free. The links above will always point to the latest version.
Want to stay updated? Subscribe on Github or via email!
Is this book for me?
The Little ASP.NET Core book is written as a friendly, accessible introduction to web programming and the ASP.NET Core framework. If you
- Are new to programming
- Already code in a backend stack like Node, Python, Ruby, Go, or Java
- Are an ASP.NET MVC developer
This book will help you learn something new!